Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Prayer...

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten
-Brandon Heath :Give me your eyes


This is my prayer... to have a love for the broken hearted; for the ones that are forgotten... I heard this song and was just like, "Yes! This is my prayer!"

This is how I want to love. I want to see His children through His eyes and love as He loves. I've seen so many people over this break who are hurting. and I just pray that somehow God will use me to help them in some way; notice I said help, not take their pain away, or try to be superwoman and put it on myself to make them happy again... but to show His love to them and remind them of just how great their Savior is, to walk with them through these times and just be a friend...

That is my prayer.

2 comments:

katie said...

help, not fix. good job. i'm proud of you stace :)

stace-face said...

ha. yeah. let's just say this semester has been the biggest semester of growth I've ever had. And learning that I can't 'fix' people's problems is one of the many things I taught... not only that. But it's ok that i can't. and being a friend is way better than trying to do God's job. :)