Saturday, January 24, 2009

Little Reminders

The past 3 days or so I have finally not been wishing I was home. Instead, God has given me little reminders that I am supposed to be here at school. and has shown me that He knows my pains and struggles, but sends me either people or things that remind me that He is there, and that He cares for me. Here are some things that happened within the past 3 days.

Starbucks with a friend... It was so wonderful getting off campus with them and just talking about life, and God and friendship. When we went we were planning on doing "homework." I'm pretty sure I read about a paragraph, and that was the end of that! And it was so worth it. I'm a pretty much a huge fan of my roommate and her friendship is something that God has used in so many ways... and I am grateful for all of them.

A new friendship that has just totally blossomed... Katie Mac. Today we went to Barnes & Noble and started working on our bibliographies. We are both education majors and we were sitting in the kids' section working on a project and we just talked about how excited we are for next year, student teaching, and just the fact that God has called us to be teachers is such a daunting yet unbelievable calling. It was just so much fun sharing our excitement with each other.

Yesterday I found out my grandmom might have cancer, my great grandma is on her deathbed after a heartattack and my parents can no longer come for parent weekend/my birthday. and yesterday i just cried. No one was in the room and honestly I didn't want anyone to be in the room... except for 2 girls. And as soon as they saw my text, they came to the room, and did exactly what they know I need/want when I'm upset. A hug, quiet, to talk if i want to. And they were there for just that. There is much about home that I miss, but this was just another reminder that God knows the desires of my heart, and so He gave me 2 wonderful friends who are there for me and love me. And again, I am so grateful.

It's so nice to know, and be reminded, that even when life gets a bit overwhelming, that our Father knows and loves us and reminds us that He is there. and that He cares.

And I am so glad He does. He has reminded me abundantly these past few days that He loves me. I am beyond blessed.

No comments: