Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Best Gift...

I'm utterly exhausted so this is going to just be a quick little thought.

But I think one of the greatest gifts we can give as Christians to one another... is coming before the Lord in prayer while you're with that person. I prayed for someone tonight as she was just pouring her heart out to me... and then later on in the night she asked how she could pray for me with school coming up this next semester... and she did just then. A lot of times I feel that I am praying for other people, which don't get me wrong, i love! But I hadn't really been prayed for like that in... well, a really long time. We had all these intentions of watching movies, just hanging out for the night, relaxing. But it ended up that for the first 2 hours we just talked about everything going on in our lives, talked about God and struggles and fears and just had a really good heart to heart, followed by prayer. I think that is one of the greatest ways to show love. I mean, what better gift can you give someone than by showing them your love and concern that you are willing to pray for them out loud to Jesus?

I just think it's great. I love it when friendships grow deeper like that where you begin to share more with that person and pray together.

My heart is happy.

No comments: