Sunday, September 27, 2009

conference, covenant, and concerns

Thursday and Friday I got to go on a reading conference... and I promise, it was more fun that it sounds ;) It was a wonderful time of learning how to become better teachers for our kids. We were able to go with our professor (10 of us went) and we just got to talk about education for 2 full days; no time limit, getting to voice all of our concerns and ask all of our questions - it was wonderful.

While we were there, it just made me so thankful for Covenant. The professors we have. The people we're with on a daily basis. We ended up meeting people that just...reminded me of high school I guess. This was not a Christian event. I haven't been thrust into that public school mindset in such a long time. People telling us that "it's YOU who are going to make a difference, YOU can be their hope!" and I'm going...HOLD UP. It's NOT us. Yes, the Lord may use us and He probably will, in the lives of our students. But we are not our hope. Our job is to make Him known through how we love our kids, that they are pointed to their true Hope. I learned a lot at this conference and am so glad I went... but I definitely was reminded at how blessed I am to go to a school like Covenant.

Then there's Dad... he has a job interview in Scotsdale, AZ on Tuesday...an interview every hour, on the hour, from 8-5. I can tell he's nervous and wants it to go well. Please pray for peace. Pray that if this job isn't God's will that he wouldn't be discouraged but trust that God has something even better for him. Pray for my family - that we ALL would trust Him with whatever He has for each of us.

In just 2 1/2 wks is fall break - can't believe it's so soon. I'm looking forward to going home, seeing my family and my dear friends who mean so much to me. I'm enjoying each moment and taking it all in. It's been a wonderful semester so far. And I am excited to see what God continues to teach me, how He continues to mold me, and how He decides to use me this year.

No comments: