Saturday, March 14, 2009

Coming Home



Me and Tinie (Justine)




Me and Katie

This break was SUCH a wonderful one... these 2 girls have been missed so much! (as they and everyone else always are when I'm at school haha) I'm pretty sure I just about cried when I saw them, haha! It was soooo good seeing them again! These girls are huge reasons as to why it's so hard for me to leave home! I'm definitely not wanting to leave and I just wish Covenant was in Medford so that I could go there while staying here :).
There's so many question marks in my life right now about several things...student teaching, jobs in the future, etc... yet it's amazing how coming home, things are the same. My relationship with these girls and Michelle, Lynda, and others have actually got stronger since moving away to school. Everytime I come home it's a huge blessing to hear what is going on in their lives, to take pictures, to hear how God is using them in awesome ways where they are at school. Home is familiar and comfortable and reassuring. I brought home books to do homework and I didn't even crack a book. Oops. But honestly I don't even care... my brain needed a break, it needed to not care about due dates and projects and books and midterms. And I'm so glad I can say that without stressing about all I'll have to do when I get back. It'll have been worth it to come home and relax and invest the short amount of days I had home into these people that mean the world to me. I love my friends at school and i'm excited to see them again of course... but at the same time, there's just something about coming home and going to my home church, about going to Lynda's and watching Amanda walk around the house, about going to Michelle's and pouring my heart out and vice versa, about looking outside to the place that I've called home for so long, that just makes my heart so full of joy.
Home is truly where the heart is... and my heart will always be in Medford, NJ.


No comments: