Sunday, January 10, 2010

Walking By Faith...Not By Sight

Day by day, and with each passing moment,Strength I find to meet my trials here;Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,I've no cause for worry or for fear. He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,Gives unto each day what He deems best,Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me,With a special mercy for each hour;All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r.The protection of His child and treasureIs a charge that on Himself He laid;"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then, in every tribulation,So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,Offered me within Thy holy Word.Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,E'er to take, as from a father's hand,One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,Till with Christ the Lord I stand.


We sang this hymn tonight in our evening service at church. I didn't want to leave... it was an amazing service all about God's providence, including the sermon this morning. It was all about walking by faith and not by sight, because when we walk by sight, we let our emotions and questions get the best of us. We take our circumstances and base God's goodness off of them rather than on the Bible and what it says about Him. I take the fact that I have no idea what's going on in my life when I graduate or where my parents will be 6 months from now, and get worried even though I know that I shouldn't be anxious and that I can cast my cares on Him.

Walk by faith and not by sight. Know that God is good and He is faithful. God will provide for whatever your needs are. But it will be in HIS timing, and not our own. And when we walk by faith, and trust in Him fully and absolutely... we are ok with that.

And we can have peace and joy... even in the unknown.

No comments: