Saturday, August 15, 2009

a cluster of emotions

That is what I'm feeling right now.

This has by FAR been the most incredible, blessing-filled, friendship based, encouraging summer I've had in my life.

So the fact that I'm leaving here in 6 short hours, is really hard. Harder than usual.

I'm excited to see friends, to get in a routine, to see where God takes me this year. But I hate the fact that I'm going to be missing everything going on here. God blessed me with some of the most Christ-centered friendships I've ever had; we've laughed together, cried together, prayed for and with each other... It's truly been wonderful.

With trials comes blessings, and I have seen this first hand. God is good. God has a purpose and plan and I've seen that so much this summer over these past couple months.

But now is a new chapter; senior year - student teaching, living in a house, helping to plan weddings, applying for teaching jobs, seeing where my parents will be (Arizona?) there's a lot of unknowns right now and it's starting to hit me. But I'm also trying to make sure that with those uncertainties that I stay grounded in my walk with the Lord. Because fear can SO easily slip into our lives when we are uncertain, and I don't want that to happen. I want to trust and have peace that my Father knows what He's doing with me and my life! And that these truly wonderful sisters that I have at home, will stay my sisters and our friendships will grow no matter where I am or what I do.

I am humbled and amazed at how big and loving my God is. And I can't wait to see what He has in store for me.

No comments: