Sunday, August 2, 2009

65.

This is my 65th post since I started blogging back in October. (Thanks jill!) As I look back and see what I've written over this past year, allow feelings of this past year to resurface, and become reminded yet again, just what God has taught me, it encourages me to think about the future... some is a little nerve racking, because often when God tries to teach us things, He allows different pain or trials to come into our lives; but I see that it is only to draw us nearer to Himself. And if that be the result, than any pain or trial should be worth it.

The past few days I have been able to spend precious time with precious people, and it saddens me to think that I will be leaving them in a mere 13 days from now. These people have challenged me, prayed for me this year at school as well as this summer, and have been more like sisters to me than anyone! They all hold a special place in my heart, and whatever job or move that may be happening with my family in the near future, I have peace. Peace that these few sisters in Christ and I have a bond that will surpass any amount of distance that is put between us.

On another note, my friend from NYC came down yesterday and went to church! I can't even put into words how great it was to see him enjoy church so much and I just hope and continue to pray that He will one day make a decision to give his life over to Jesus.

And tomorrow, I am going on a 3 day retreat with the middle schoolers that I've been working with all summer! I can't wait to spend this quality time with these amazing girls. I have enjoyed this job so much, and leaving them too, will be difficult.

There is much to look forward to, much to be in prayer about, and much to rejoice in. This has been one of the best summers I've had in quite a while, and I am just so thankful for the people God has blessed me with. But I am also thankful for what God has been teaching me, how He has challenged me, and how He has shown me again and again that I need to rely on Him and Him alone. At church we ended the service with this song, and it really touched my heart. This is what I want my life to be. This is what we are here for.

Let your love flow through me
Let your love flow through me
Let your love flow through me
Jesus

Let your love flow through me
So that others may see
That You alone are God.

I hope and pray that others will see His love in me. That I would become less and He would become more. That I would rest in Christ alone. And that my life would be one of service to Jesus.

1 comment:

Taryn Lamp said...

wow 65 look at you. the dedicated little blogger. i think i've maybe written 50 in the past three years. ha. yeah. maybe i should work on that.
I'm glad you've been having an amazing summer. Sorry i've been so hard to get a hold of, as are you busy girl. haha. but really let me know when you get back from your crazy youth retreat and we'll talk on the phone. Best of luck with that, i can't really think of better times than the youth retreats i went on in middle school. I know you'll have a blast. it would be interesting to see what they're like on the other side. Let me know ok?