Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homesick...

For some reason I am extremely homesick today.

I miss my family. I have barely seen my parents since August; just one or two days in October. I miss Katie and Justine... I haven't seen them since the middle of August. I have finals coming up on Monday thru Thursday - yesterday was the last day of classes and so today and tomorrow and the weekend is free to study; no classes. Finals always stress me out, especially since my GPA has to raise a certain amount in order to stay in the education program. I'm stressed, I miss people at home, and I'm just so ready to be there and take in the comfort and familiarity that it brings.

I want to see Amanda walk to me with a big grin on her face and not just hear her over the phone
I want to possibly see snow cover the ground and watch my dog pounce around in it
I want to stay at Michelle's house and just talk about life and God until the late hours of the night.
I want to be with my entire extended family; the one time of the year where we all come together from several states and everyone comes to my house. It's chaotic and loud and crazy and I love every minute of it.

I want to just have a month without any school or worries or tests and just be with my family and friends and celebrate Christmas at home.


Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
-Homesick: MercyMe-

Being homesick stinks... and doesn't happen to me very often, just sometimes... 1 more week

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can do it girl. one more week.