Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas time is here...

I want to be home.

It's so close to Christmas and I'm not home... and I hate that. I want to be baking cookies for hour after hour with my mom like we usually do. I want the 4 of us to decorate the tree like we always do, each of us putting up certain ornaments that have sentimental meaning to us... while listening to the same Kathy Mattea casette we've listened to since I can remember. I want to go in the basement with mom and wrap gift after gift after gift and just talk. But I'm here. And we're getting out late this semester... so by the time I go home, the baking will be done, the tree has already been decorated, and mom told me today that she has finished the wrapping.

This has been quite a semester. I miss my family. I miss Katie and Justine like they wouldn't believe. I talked to one of them on the phone recently and wanted to cry just cause I miss her so much. I hate that we go to school so far away. I'm mentally done with classes which is kinda a bad thing considering finals start... well, tomorrow.

4 more days...5 more tests. And then 25 days of home... finally a break that I don't have to do schoolwork, and I don't have to fit everybody I know into just four days! I can really visit with people, see them more than once, and enjoy this wonderful time of the year with them. I'm so excited. Just need to get through the next couple of days... and soon I'll be on a plane going to a place that no matter where I end up in life, will always have a piece of my heart. I'll be going to Medford, NJ. I'll be going home.

No comments: