Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thankful




Well the past 2 days have been a whirlwind of emotion...I woke up feeling better than yesterday - and then at night i got a phone call from my mom on my dad's cell phone...from the hospital. Mom's car is totaled and she was in such a bad accident she could have easily died. Yet she walked away with some scratches and head/neck pain, and a bump on her head. Praise God! As I talked to her and then to my dad on my phone, realizing I wasn't there was killing me; I wanted to go see her so badly in that moment. However, I started to cry tears of joy. I could not believe that I had come so close to losing my mom. I've seen people go through losing their moms... I'm so grateful to God for choosing to save her. It just kind of put things into perspective. Everyone says it, "life is so short." Or, "live everyday to its fullest." And I completely agree with that. But sometimes those sayings just get to be so repetitive and can easily lose meaning until you're face to face with it and you experience something like this. Words can't describe the feeling I felt when I heard what happened yet heard she was ok.

God is so good and I am such an unworthy recipient of his greatness.

1 comment:

katie said...

wow stace! i'm so glad your mom is okay...i hope she starts feeling better soon. i know it must be so hard to not be there..i'm praying for you girl