Monday, June 28, 2010

Time Uninterupted

I'm sitting here, looking out at nothing but mountains as the sun is about to set, with my cell phone actually OFF, which is quite a rare occurance. I feel like there are so many thoughts running through my head that I'm not sure where I should even start.

Do you ever feel like things are going great and then all of a sudden, God so clearly says soemthing to you and you're awestruck that you hadn't noticed it before? Well, that happened to me this week.

I am someone who loves to be around people. I love encouraging others and I love pointing them towards God, reminding them how much their Savior loves them and longs to spend time with them. This summer however has been a hard one for me because I feel like I haven't been able to fellowship with others. The people I have spent the most time with, have been under the age of ten. It's been tough. And then this week, I was in my car by myself...and God just spoke to me, saying, "Stacy, you love to encourage others to spend time with me...to remind them how much I long to spend time with them. So why don't you listen to your own words? You've spent so much time and energy making sure everyone's relationship with me is ok...(something I can completely do without you!) yet you have forgotten about OUR relationship. You've forgotten that I don't need you... i CHOOSE to use you. So turn off your phone. Turn off your computer. Go to a quiet place and meet with me. I have missed you greatly!"

I began to realize this week how much I have missed spending time, true uninterupted time, with Jesus. To the point where it actually brought me to tears. God doesn't need me to make sure everyone is ok, or to make sure that the whole world is encouraged! He's quite capable of doing that on His own. However, if I'm to use my gifts that He has given me, in the way He wants me to use them I first have to be filled by Him. Because I can't give if I've not first allowed myself to receive. I love how God uses people. But isn't it nice to know that He doesn't NEED us? That He is perfectly capable of doing things without us... but He CHOOSES to use us... which means, whether we mess up or not, God is still in control! But I love that by His grace, he allows us to be a part of His plans, He allows us to be a light in the lives of others.

And I am so glad that He spoke to me that day in the car. I kept putting my relationship with Christ on hold. And I've realized that if I want to help and love and encourage...I first need to come to the feet of my Savior and drink deeply of Him so that an overflowing stream can pour into the lives of the friends God has placed in my own life. I thik that will be so much better...than if I try to do those things within my own ability and strength. So i'm going to make it a point to start each day, reminding myself of His love and grace by spending time alone with Him...so that I can truly show that same love and grace to others.

And tonight, I did just that. All distractions were gone. I spent time with Jesus. I read my Bible, I journaled, I read a book about the amazing love of my Savior.

And I was encouraged. I was refreshed. I was filled. And as I read tonight, "We are filled so that we can be spilled."

Allow Jesus to truly fill you... so that you can show the same love and mercy of Jesus that you have been given by Him, to the people He has put in your life. We must be filled so that we can be spilled... this world needs the good news of Jesus so badly. So let's live our lives in a way that shows we truly know His joy and peace.

No comments: