Thursday, October 22, 2009

Home.

Fall Break is always bittersweet. Sweet because I get to come home and see all the people who have been praying for me and loving me from miles away. There's something about home that is comforting and familiar...like no other place. Yet fall break is always tough. I finally get into the swing of things, visiting people, conforming back to my pre-college days, and then before you know it, your 5 days are up and it's back to school again. I'm one of the few college seniors I think who has actually gone home for every fall break. I can't begin to say how blessed I am by the people here. We are each others support, each others prayer warriors that we know we can always count on. These people have shown me friendship on another level. And I am so thankful and grateful. So this is the bitter part. Leaving. I just got here. And with my dad's job situation, who knows how much longer my family will be here. It's just a scary and uncertain time right now, and I am SUCH the planner so this is difficult for me. I know these people will always be in my life. But it's just hard leaving this amazing fellowship and thinking about my SIP, teaching, and all the other things I have to do as soon as I get back.

But. Christmas will be here before I know it, I'm sure. This year really is flying by and despite everything I just said about not wanting to leave yet, I really am having the best year at school that I've ever had. And once I'm back in my little house, I'll be fine. But leaving. It's always hard. Yet I'm so grateful that I have such amazing sisters in Christ that make it so hard for me to leave. I am blessed indeed.

No comments: