Sunday, October 25, 2009

Faithfulness in Fall

I was on my way to church this morning and I was admiring the beautiful creation around me. It was a crisp fall morning and it was my first time being alone, really since I had gotten back from fall break. The leaves are the most beautiful red's, orange's, and yellow's right now. I have always loved fall on the mountain, but this year, with it being my last and having no clue as to where I'll be in a year, or my family for that matter, the leaves' colors have reminded me that the Lord my God is truly faithful. Then in church we sang my absolute most favorite hymn, "Great is Thy Faithfulness." What a wonderful morning.

The leaves change into these beautifiul colors every single year, without fail. God ordained for that to be, and each year, it reminds us that He is in control. He has a plan. I don't know what God has in store for me, or my family. I don't know if I'll find a place to live, a school to work at, I don't know any of these things. And as humans it's so easy to let this feeling of being out of control make us anxious or worried. But the leaves this morning reminded me that come what may, the Lord DOES know what's going on. He does have an incredible plan - and I can rest in that. I can rest in the Lord who faithfully paints the leaves every fall.

I love being reminded of different aspects of God that I have known for so long. And I love that I can be reminded of them, by something as simple as the leaves outside.

No comments: