Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh, Changes

The end of the year is in sight. One paper to write left and then finals start next week. May 9, 2009. This is the day I have dreaded since making all my senior friends last year and the year before. Knowing in the back of my mind that they would be leaving me but pushing the thought away time and time again thinking that it would never get here. And yet, in 2 short weeks, they will be gone.

It's interesting to look back even after 3 years, and see how much I've changed; how much I've grown, how much my walk with God has been something that I have clung to in sad or difficult times. How much more real my faith seems. This year went by in a blink of an eye. Even though I won't be graduating, I know I will cry as I pack up my room, knowing that I will not return to the hall i've now lived on for 3 years of my life. Even though I am so ready for this next chapter, moving off campus, student teaching, only really having one more semester as a student... even though I'm ready for all those things. Saying good bye to the hall. Saying good bye to people who are graduating. These are things that I wish i didn't have to do. Part of me is scared. Scared that when they leave and we all have our own lives and we are separated that we won't talk as often, or we'll lose touch, or we'll just move on... I hope that doesn't happen especially with the friends who have been my backbone of support these last few years.

To my roommates... I love you both. Dearly. and i hope that that fact is evident to you. and i hope you know just how proud of you I am. you are blessings in my life and i will never forget to thank God for bringing me so much joy by allowing me to be a part of your lives.


I'm hoping to just live it up the last 2 weeks, take in all the moments, enjoy the last few days of 'dorm life' and just take time to sit back and reflect on all the blessings God has given me, especially in the friendships of those who are leaving.

Hard to believe that'll be me in just one more year.

3 comments:

Taryn Lamp said...

seeing that you keep in touch with your fifth grade teacher. I think you have to worry about losing touch with anyone.

Jill said...

let me rephrase taryn's for you...
"i DON'T think you'll have to worry about losing touch with anyone"

there we go. makes much more sense. :)

no but seriously...you're the best at keeping touch i know...i'm excited for your house next year so we can come visit yayyyyyy

stace-face said...

um yes you had BETTER come visit!!!!!!!